My friend Cathryn had me over for dinner recently. She knows about my dietary restrictions, and like the amazing hostess she is, was more than accommodating with her menu!
She made a delicious spicy black bean chili, and it was so great snagged the recipe to share! It took less than 30 minutes to prep and cook, and is packed full of flavor!
This is an incredibly easy fall/winter dish. Enjoy!
- 3-4 tablespoons margerine
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 15oz cans black beans
- 1 15oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15oz can low sodium corn kernels, undrained
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles, undrained
- 1 16oz jar salsa verde (the green kind)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- sour cream
- mexican blend cheese
How to Make Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
- Dice onions.
- Melt margerine in large pot over medium heat.
- Saute onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Rinse & drain black beans
- Add tomatoes, corn, green chiles, salsa, & black beans to pot; mix well.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Bring just to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6
(I would suggest using a bigger pot)
Like what you see? Follow my blog with Bloglovin!
Alternative Eating | Lo Martinez
exploring gluten-free, paleo & clean eating