Quinoa Stuffed Red Pepper
Who doesn’t love a good stuffed pepper?! This recipe is healthy, gluten-free and packed with protein. Other perks? The ingredients are all inexpensive and making multiple servings is a breeze! Hope you enjoy making it as much as I enjoyed eating it.
- 1 bell pepper
- fresh garlic
- ½ cup of diced onions
- ½ quinoa
- cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 eggs
How to Make Quinoa Stuffed Red Pepper:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Boil ½ cup of water (always prep 1:1 for quinoa).
3. Dice garlic and onion. Sauté in olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add quinoa to boiling water, cover, and reduce to medium-low heat, and simmer 20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Add garlic and onion to quinoa. (You can also add salt and pepper for additional flavor.)
5. Place bell pepper halves on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove bell peppers from the oven, drain any moisture from the inside, and stuff each bell pepper half with a large scoop of the quinoa mix.
6. Place the stuffed bells in a large casserole dish with the cherry tomato halves. Crack an egg over each pepper.
7. Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes (or until the egg whites are set). Check after 25 minutes.