How could I possibly let Halloween slip by without sharing a pumpkin-inspired recipe?! Though it’s coming a little late, this fall-fantastic recipe is fitting for the season and sure to make your eyes and tummy equally happy.
Quick note: make sure that if you are making this recipe gluten-free (like I did), that you use baking flour (you’ll see other options like GF all-purpose/multipurpose flour) and have xantham gum on hand!
Now, without further adieu, my pumpkin muffin recipe with an optional sugar glaze.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or a blend of 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon allspice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix (again, make sure it is a baking mix, not all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- 1 tablespoon xantham gum (if using gluten free flour)
How to Make Apple Crumble:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease cups.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, molasses, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
3. Add the baking mix, stirring to combine.
4. Mix in the nuts, if you’re using them.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared tin. Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes before baking.
6. Bake 22-25 minutes, let stand in tray for 5 minutes before removing.
7. Allow muffins to cool; Add optional drizzle.
Optional Sugar Glaze/Drizzle
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1tsp vanilla
How to Make the Sugar Glaze:
1) Mix all the above ingredients in a small-medium sized mixing bowl. Voila! You’re done!
Perfect. I love the smell of pumpkin.