You might be wondering why anyone would subject oneself to such torture…. “THREE DAYS WITHOUT SOLID FOOD?! But I LOVE food!!!”
Trust me, I’m there with you.
But here are a few reasons I decided to try it out:
- Cliche as it may be, it’s a new year and I wanted to do “something big” to kick it off, setting the tone for a (hopefully) healthy year.
- Back in the Fall, my friend and co-worker, Angelina, tried a detox cleanse. (This very same cleanse, in fact!) She had a great experience, and told me she would even do it AGAIN! My curiosity was peaked…
- Drinking juice gives your digestive system a chance to rest. A proper juice cleanse provides you with lots of nutrients while freeing up your digestive system to get rid of toxins and waste built up in your body. (Sounds good to me!)
I completed the Dr. Oz 3 day Detox Cleanse. It’s not technically a juice fast–more of a smoothie fast! I chose to go this route because, unlike with many pre-made juice cleanse systems, the protein, fiber and fat aren’t lost. I blended mine in a magic bullet blender.
The best thing about the program is there is a SHOPPING List, and I was able to get everything I needed for around $60! Most pre-made cleanses are that much a day!
- Day 1 I felt fine. No hunger pains… no cravings… I was a little sleepy since caffeine is cut out, but that was really it!
- Day 2 was a little more challenging. I was fine until around 2:30, that’s when I started to feel it a little. (It didn’t help that cake was being served in the office) But I pushed through and once I got home and had my dinner drink, I felt fine!
- Day 3 was the easiest of all three days. I felt energized and the sugar from the fruits in the juices had me feeling chipper as ever. As my work day winded down, I started feeling very sleepy. I felt extremely relaxed once I got home.
- Day 4 (back to reality) I felt amazing! I work up and make a veggie and goat cheese omelette. It was the perfect re-introduction to solid food.
Things I noticed Post-3-Day Cleanse:
- My skin cleared and brightened up.
- I lost 2.5 lbs.
- I haven’t craved coffee.
- I haven’t craved sweets.
- I have a sense of pride in having the self control and resolve to finish! (**always a bonus to completing a challenge!**)
I would recommend this 3-day detox cleanse and I would do it again in 6-12 months.
Like what you see? Follow my blog with Bloglovin!
Alternative Eating | Lo Martinez
exploring gluten-free, paleo & clean eating