Roasted vegetables are not only a great compliment to any gluten free meal, but also a healthy side choice, packed with natural nutrients! Making roasted vegetables at home provides fun chance to explore flavor combinations on a small scale.
One of my favorite things about roasted veggies is that you can select and season them to perfectly pair with whatever dish you are serving. Below I have included ingredients and “how to make” directions for this naturally gluten-free side dish. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Roasted Vegetables:
- Select a mix of roast-able veggies that you like. Options include, onions, carrots, zucchini, eggplant, potato, tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms.
- Olive or coconut oil
- The flavor-enhancers of your choice: fresh garlic, sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, sage, thyme, rosemary, wild fennel… All depends on your mood and what you decide to serve the roast vegetables with!
How to Make Roasted Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Chop up your favorites vegetables in even pieces.
3. Toss or drizzle vegetables with olive oil and arrange on a cookie sheet.
4. Add any other seasoning you may desire, like salt, pepper or red pepper flakes.
5) Roast your vegetables at the top of the oven. After 15 minutes, check and turn your veggies over. Once they are brown and tender, they are ready to eat!
Like what you see? Follow my blog with Bloglovin!
Alternative Eating | Lo Martinez
exploring gluten-free, paleo & clean eating