This is an incredibly easy and fun meal to make! You need a food processor (I used a magic bullet) for the cauliflower, but everything else it pretty basic. If you are trying to time your meal, start with the summer squash and cauliflower mash and then move on to the pork chops when once the cauliflower is cooked.
Recipe for Roasted Summer Sqauash
1. Preheat your oven to 400.
2. Prep your summer squash one of two ways: spears or disks. Place in a zip lock bag and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and any other seasoning you desire (I used cayenne and minced garlic).
3. Place squash in a single layer on a baking sheet or in a glass baking dish
4. Bake on top shelf for for 35-40 minutes.
Recipe for Garlic Cauliflower Mash
1. Boil a pot of water over high heat.
2. Cook cauliflower for about 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Drain the cauliflower and add to your food processor or immersion blender.
4. Puree your mash with freshly minced garlic, 2 tbsp of margarine, 2 tbsp of cream cheese and a little milk if you have in on hand.
5. Place in serving bowl and mix in salt and pepper to taste. Top with a little grated Parmesan or chives for extra taste and flair!
Recipe for Pan-seared Pork Chop;
1. Preheat oven to 400 with an oven safe pan inside.
2. Once oven is preheated, carefully remove the pan and place on your burner on medium high heat. Spray pan with no-stick spray and place salt-and-pepper-seasoned pork chops in the pan. Let sit for approximately 3 minutes. (The meat will sizzle and turn a nice golden brown.)
3. Flip the pork chops and place in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
**IMPORTANT STEP COMING UP**
4. Rest your pork chops! Place the porkchops on your serving platter and pour juices over. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
Like what you see? Follow my blog with Bloglovin!
Alternative Eating | Lo Martinez
exploring gluten-free, paleo & clean eating